The Cornish Pasty
downloaded the latest Adobe Flashplayer,
downloaded the latest java (recommended somewhere but I believe nothing to do with the problem),
temporarily disabled my Firewall, in case a new rule had been accidentally generated or a conflict had arisen.
My setup is BT-Yahoo browser (ISP-modified IE8) running on Windows XP+SP3, but the solutions may help other setups.
None of it worked for me until I found the last entry on this page.
The following should enable scripting in Internet Explorer:
Note: To allow scripting on this Web site only, and to leave scripting disabled in the Internet zone, add this Web site to the Trusted sites zone.
On the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and then click the Security tab.
Click the Internet zone.
Click Custom Level.
In the Security Settings – Internet Zone dialog box, click Enable for Active Scripting in the Scripting section.
Click the Back button to return to the previous page, and then click the Refresh button to run scripts.
click on start
choose IE icon
to open properties
choose shortcut tab
click on find target
click on IE shortcut to open Internet
if there IE without the yellow bar ""IE is currently running with add-ons disabled..." then
right click on the newly found target icon (IE)
click send this shortcut to desktop
Start > Run...
In the Run box, type in (without quotes) "regsvr32 jscript.dll"
You should receive a popup says that it registration succeeded.
Start Internet Explorer.
On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset to confirm.
THIS WORKED FOR ME, using XP+SP2 & IE8 !!!
Using Windows XP
+ SP2 with IE7, the scripting settings in IE were enabled (Tools,
Problem was a corrupt file, I fixed by clearing the cache in IE (Tools, Internet options, Delete...), then I re-registered the scripting .dll's
Start, Run, Regsvr32 vbscript.dll
Start, Run, Regsvr32 jscript.dll
I suggest that you copy and paste these file names to avoid errors.